Some of the issues that need to be decided in a divorce judgment are matrimonial agreements, also called msAs or the most frequently cited separation agreements, which are the mechanism to settle and resolve all the rights and obligations of spouses who wish to separate from their spouse and/or divorce. These marriage agreements are encouraged by Commonwealth policy. At the beginning of a divorce case, you can ask the court to order your spouse to pay his or her lawyer. It may be best to represent yourself if you and your spouse do not disagree on a topic, the reasons for the divorce, or custody or support. It may be especially appropriate to represent yourself if your spouse is representing himself or herself and you are sure that none of you will challenge any aspect of the divorce. .